Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Personal Stories


I think that Jessica Andrew’s song, “Who I am” really sums up how I interpret life. I am a spitting image of my Dad and my mother is certainly my biggest fan, I live life for me and my family, not caring about the little things in life that may stress others out and I have friends that I love and adore and that support all of my endeavors.

In the process of writing my book, I talked to many family and friends about how Brian impacted their lives. For a sister growing up with a brother that is hyper, loud and notably unique I always found myself making excuses for him for the reason why he acted out of the norm. Looking back now, I can’t believe how ignorant that was of me. Brian is special and his legacy has influenced many people and left everlasting footprints in their hearts.

Mine and Brian’s Grandma Hunt loved us both very much and prior to her death on December 21, 1991 my Grandma Hunt wrote a short letter to my brother that I’d like to share with you:

March 15, 1988- My sweet Brian, Grandma wants you to know how precious you are to me and I love you with all of my heart. You were our 4th grandchild and the 2nd grandson, and we were so happy that day you were born. You are such a cute little blonde-headed boy and we know you are going to grow up into such a good looking young man. I hope to see that happen but, if not, I’ll be looking down on your smiling face from heaven. Papa and I are so proud of you and we know you will do well in the schooling that is planned for you in the near future. You will always be a good, sweet natured boy, I’m sure and I’ll always be in your heart. Be a good boy and always listen to your parents. They love you very much!

With much love always,
Grandma and Papa Hunt

(This letter was written just 8 days after my grandma found out that she was diagnosed with breast cancer.)

With Grandparents being so deeply involved with their grandchildren these days I thought it was very fitting to share this note with you. My grandma Hunt loved my brother so much and I know that she is looking down from Heaven and would be so proud of the man he has become.

PHOTO: My brother Brian and our Grandpa Hunt, taken 2/08

No comments:

Post a Comment