Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How can you raise awareness and support Autism?

So many people have asked me, how can I make a difference and create awareness for Autism. Simply put, by talking about it, blogging, inviting others to join our facebook group (I Love Someone with Autism) and wearing our "I Love Someone with Autism" t-shirt. If you don't have one, we are selling them for only $10 (proceeds go to Autism charities) online at www.melissahuntsampey.com.

I'd like to share a quick story from one of our group members on how wearing a "I Love Someone with Autism" shirt makes a difference:

Jennifer was heading to a local restaurant, busy and occupied with her own life, however she was wearing her "I Love Someone with Autism" t-shirt not thinking anything of it. The young woman at the restaurant took her order and then read her shirt. After doing so, tears started rolling down her face because little did Jennifer know, this young woman had learned that her 3-year old son had just been diagnosed with Autism and she was scared. The young woman found comfort in knowing that she was not alone.

Autism makes this world an even smaller place. So many people are affected. Won't you show your support and love and purchase a t-shirt so together we can make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment